You mad, Brad? - Richard Wolowicz
Marc Torrence of On The Forecheck wrote out a list of the things he misses about NHL hockey in Nashville. I think this would be a good exercise for Habs fans as well.
It's no secret that we're missing NHL hockey here at EOTP. We miss the Montreal Canadiens like most Habs fans do, desperately. But what are the specifics? What exactly do we miss about Montreal Canadiens hockey? I've tried to narrow down a bit of a list for me personally. If I missed anything, tell me in the comments.
- Being the only group of NHL fans that cheers like it's a goal when the penalty killers clear the zone. No wonder Hal Gill loved us so damn much.
- P.K. Subban scoring, and then celebrating in a way that pisses everyone off.
- When the Canadiens recover the puck in the defensive zone and break out on the rush, and the excited guy in the stands beside you screams "ALLEZ, ALLEZ, ALLEZ!!"
- Booing Zdeno Chara.
- Cheering when Zdeno Chara gets a puck in the face.
- This Habs intro video from the 2010-11 season.
- Walking down the stairs to exit the building after a win while the sea of people is singing "Ole, Ole, Ole".
- Those two little kids skating around the Habs zone with flags as the only good part of Coldplay's discography plays.
- Michel Lacroix booming out, "Mesdames et messieurs, ladies and gentlemen; accuillons nos Canadiens!"
- The party atmosphere in the streets after every win, no matter how small.
- Erik Cole streaking down the right side and snapping a shot high glove.
- Alexei Emelin and P.K. Subban annihilating people.
- The sound of the crowd when the goal hits the mesh, and of course the classic goal song.