As with every other week lately, there isn't much actual news about hockey these days. The NHL canceled some more of the schedule and they are likely to cancel even more tomorrow, but we've already covered that.
Other than that, we learned today that Andrei Markov's mystery injury was to his ribs, and not his knee. So you can feel relieved there, Markov says it's nothing serious, he was just winded.
There have been a lot of interesting things written though. Let's start with the Habs related stuff.
- Dave Stubbs conducts an interview with Montreal Canadiens captain Brian Gionta [Montreal Gazette]
- Stuart McComish interviews AHL rookie Patrick Holland [Hamilton Bulldogs]
- Chris Botta reports that the Habs have upgraded the lighting in the Bell Centre [Sports Business Daily]
- Bruno Richard thinks David Desharnais may join the Swiss league [La Presse]
- Stephan Cooper points out how good the Allsvenskan game sheet is [A Winning Habit]
- Since he's out of work, The Hour helps P.K. Subban make a video résumé [Youtube]
Around The Hockey World
- Justin Bourne and Kent Wilson discuss the psychology behind picking 4th liners [The Score]
- Bourne also takes a look at the NHL's biggest unrequited rivalries [The Score]
- Eric T. breaks down the impact changing teams can have on a player [NHL Numbers]
- James Mirtle takes Tyler Dellow's post from last week and expands [Globe & Mail]
- An anonymous NHL executive says answers fan questions in a possible PR move [Reddit]
- If you don't want to read the whole AMA on Reddit, Travis Hughes summarizes it [SB Nation]
- Sean McIndoe creates a flowchart for what sport to watch during the lockout [Grantland]
- Slava Malamud muses on Russian players staying in the KHL [Toronto Sun]
- Sean Fitz-Gerald wonders about the consequences of canceling the Winter Classic [National Post]
- Derek Zona aggregates prospect rankings to create a consensus [NHL Numbers]
- The New York Islanders are moving to Brooklyn, all details here [SB Nation]
- Dirk Hoag talks about former Hab Sergei Kostitsyn running his mouth in Russia [On The Forecheck]
Eyes on the Prize will be bringing back the podcast, we're planning on recording it on Tuesday so look forward to it sometime later in the week.