The Hamilton Bulldogs put 42 shots on Syracuse Crunch netminder Timo Pielmeier, scoring four times in the third period for a 5-4 win Wednesday night. Robert Mayer saw only 12 shots on the night, tying the club record for fewest shots allowed, but four managed to elude him.
Down 4-1with just under eight minutes to play, the Dogs scored three goals in a five minute and fourteen second period.
Hamilton's power play went 1 for 2 on the night, and the team continues to conect with the man advantage in every game this season.
Kyle Palmieri had a hat trick for the Crunch in a losing effort.
The Bulldogs next host the Toronto Marlies Friday night.
1. Syracuse, Palmieri 3 (Bonino, Festerling), 1:53.
2. Syracuse, Palmieri 4 (Festerling, Sbisa), 5:14 (PP).
3. Hamilton, Pacioretty 1 (St. Denis, Klubertanz), 12:33.
Penalties-Mirasty Syr (fighting), 3:04; Bonneau Ham (fighting), 3:04; Carle Ham (hooking), 4:58; Salters Syr (fighting), 14:40; Schultz Ham (fighting), 14:40.
Penalties-White Ham (hooking), 1:17; Clark Syr (holding), 17:47.
4. Syracuse, McMillan 3 (Smith, Green), 0:35.
5. Hamilton, Klubertanz 2 (Desharnais, Russell), 12:04.
6. Hamilton, Conboy 3 (Wyman, Engqvist), 13:37.
7. Hamilton, Wyman 2 (Pacioretty, Palushaj), 16:53 (PP)
8. Syracuse, Palmieri 5 (Deschamps, Bonino), 17:18.
9. Hamilton, Weber 6 (Pacioretty, White), 19:20.
Penalties-served by Deschamps Syr (bench minor - too many men), 15:38.
Shots on Goal
Power Play Opportunities-Syracuse 1 / 2; Hamilton 1 / 2.
Syracuse, Pielmeier 3-2-0 (42 shots-37 saves). Hamilton, Mayer 3-2-1 (12 shots-8 saves).